Settlement of insurance claims for victims of Cyclone Fani in Odisha and neighbouring states
Cyclone Fani has resulted in immense loss of property and lives in Odisha and its neighbouring states. We are extending a helping hand to our customers to ensure a quick and timely settlement of all life insurance claims.
To register a claim, you will require the following documents:
- 1. Duly-filled claim form and cancelled cheque copy/bank passbook copy of the claimant.
- a. Click here to download
PMJJBY Claim Form.
- b. Click here to download
Form A for other products
- 2. Proof of death – Death certificate from municipal authorities.
- 3. Identity proof and address proof of the claimant.
In case of unavailability of death certificate, the following list of alternative documents may be submitted to process the claim:
- • Death certificate issued by any government authority.
- • Proof of receipt of compensation/ex-gratia payment from any government/municipal authority on account of death of life assured.
- • Official list of missing persons as maintained by authorities – in this case, an indemnity bond signed by claimant stating clearly that the claim amount will be refunded to the company, if the insured person is subsequently found to be alive.
- • Where no proof of death is available, an affidavit should be obtained from the claimant as to circumstances leading to death, duly authenticated by any Branch Manager of Bank of India or Union Bank of India.
In case of unavailability of identity proof and address proof of the claimant, the following documents may be submitted to process the claim:
- • Cancelled cheque leaf or copy of bank passbook.
- • Certificate from the Branch Manager of Bank of India or Union Bank of India, confirming the identity and address of nominee.
To expedite claim settlement and any other support, you may reach out to our helpdesk:
• Call: +91-22-39541017 – Monday to Saturday (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
You may also reach out to our Nodal Officers in the following locations:
|Arun Sharma||Corporate Office (Mumbai)||